This webinar shares the findings of a project* undertaken in collaboration with the Ethics Working Group of the COVID-19 Clinical Research Coalition to review the challenges and opportunities of ethics review mutual recognition for COVID-19 multi-site research protocols.
Experts in research ethics respond to the project’s findings and discuss the barriers and opportunities for implementing ethics review mutual recognition during public health emergencies in low- and middle-income countries.
* With thanks to the World Health Organization for funding
Watch the recording
Organized by the COVID-19 Clinical Research Coalition and PHEPREN (Public Health Emergency and Response Ethics Network).
- Prof. Jantina de Vries, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town, South Afric & co-chair of the coalition’s Ethics Working Group
- Dr Vasiliki Rahimzadeh, Stanford University, USA
- Prof. Kevin Marsh, Oxford University & African Academy of Sciences, UK
- Dr Dicky Akanmori, WHO Africa Regional Office, Rep. of Congo
- Ms Katherine Littler, WHO, Switzerland