Calls for funding
In the mission to catalyze equitable progress in research, and the Coalition’s commitment to equitable funding, the Coalition is proud to facilitate the sharing of funding opportunities for researchers across various disciplines.
Our aim is to create a space where motivated researchers can discover financial resources for their projects. This initiative is particularly significant for empowering research in low-resource settings, where funding can have the most significant impact.
If you have a funding opportunity to share, or know of one that could benefit the research community, we invite you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Title of call||Funder name||Research area||Funding elegibility||Deadline|
|ESCMID Individual Research Grant||ESCMID||Clinical microbiology and infectious diseases. ||1. Be principal investigators of the proposed research.|
2. Have a valid ESCMID Young Scientist Membership*.
3. Have a medical degree (MD, MBBS, PharmD or equivalent), a PhD or be enrolled in a PhD programme.
Applicants who have received an ESCMID Research Grant before may only apply for a subsequent grant in the year after official completion of the first project.
Members of the ESCMID Executive Committee cannot apply for Research Grants nor submit a support letter for an application.
|13 September 2023, 17:00 CEST|
|Saving Lives at Birth in Low - Resource Settings||Laerdal Foundation||Diseases relating to maternal and newborn health. ||1. Innovative approaches to more efficient education and implementation|
2. Collaborative initiatives relating to scale-up of proven concepts
3. Projects taking place in the Foundation’s focus countries: Tanzania, Ethiopia, Malawi, Bangladesh, India and Nepal.
|01 October 2023|
|ESCMID Study Group Collaboration Grant||ESCMID||Clinical microbiology and infectious diseases.||1. Applicants must be principal investigators for the proposed research and be experienced in large research projects. This cannot be the applicants first research project, and ideally, they have some years of experience.|
2. The Study Groups involved must display full support of this proposal by written approval by the Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer of the respective Study Groups.
3. The applicants must be ESCMID Full, LMIC or Young Scientist members in good standing. Members of the ESCMID Executive Committee are ineligible.
Applications are not accepted from companies / start-up research firms.
Members of the ESCMID Executive Committee cannot apply for this grant.
|12 October 2023, 17:00 CET|
|Wellcome Early-Career Awards||Wellcome||Any discipline.||You can apply to this scheme if you are an early-career researcher and you are ready to design, plan and deliver your own innovative research project that aims to:|
1. advance understanding in your field
2. develop methodologies, conceptual frameworks, tools or techniques that could benefit health-related research.
|05 October 2023, 18:00 CET|